5th David Cannon Memorial Polar Bear Invitational Live Results
Here is my estimated time schedule.
as of Thursday, Dec. 1st, 2022 at 10PM.
The plan to get ahead of this schedule
9:30 55h (9 sections)
9:45 1600 race walk
10:00 4x800 (3 sections)
10:30 55d (24 sections)
11:00 1600 (7 sections)
11:45 4x200 (10 Sections)
12:15 500 (9 sections)
12:30 1000 (8 Sections)
1:00 300 (26 sections)
1:30 3200 (3 sections)
Notes from the Director.
1. Thank you for coming to the David Cannon PB Meet, without you we cannot have a successful meet.
2. Lets hope the rain stay away and we would have a great meet. Door #5 will be open for the athletes to use the bathroom
but not to be staying inside - they is a basketball tournament going indoors. We have 5 port-a-john outside.
3. Coaches meeting will be at 8:45PM at the finish line.
4. The 55m hurdles will be first, follow by the race walk and then we have Special Olympics 100m dash then the 4x800m.
The first 3 events will give Ivan some time to move the camera.
5. I will keep the meet moving as fast we can especially if we have rain - so please have the kids check in early.
6. I will have a table by the check in for the kids to check their lane and heat. It will help make the meet go fast.
I will have safety pins if they want to pin their numbers.
7. Only the first 4 heats in the 55m dash and 300m dash will have blocks and I think for the first 6 in 300m will be in
8. If, you have any scratches - please let Ivan know as soon as you get to the meet.
9. 4x200m will be water falls - I do not have the markings for the race.
10. If you have an substitutions - please have your kids run in the same heat and lane and let us know and we will update
11. The uniform rules will be relax as much as possible due the weather - we just need to know what school they kids are
12. Please remind the kids to keep the infield as clear as possible unless they are checking - the back field is open
for warm ups.
13. The live results should be working.
14. Medals for top 3 individuals and top 3 relays.
15. Cost is $5.00 at the gate - we take cash, Venmo and PayPal. We talk square at the concession too.
Please let me know if you need anything and lets get the season started with some good competition.
5th David Cannon Memorial Polar Bear Invitational
Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 - George C. Marshall High School - Falls Church, VA
We have accepted the following teams into the meet - Holy Cross, Dominion, Freedom (South Riding), Hayfield HS, Langley,
St. Mary's HS, West Springfield, Yorktown, South Lakes, Thomas Edison, Chantilly and Marshall.
The entry deadline is Thursday, December 1st, 2022, at 11:59PM.
$200.00 Per School Payments Entry Fees payable
to: Marshall Boosters Attn: Track Coach Clifford Wong
7731 Leesburg Pike Falls Church, VA 22043
Once meet limit is reached or Entries are closed, entry fees are due and not refundable regardless of weather. Please
email Coach Clifford Wong for the entry password - email@example.com.
Entry Limits - 6 per individual events, 4 relays and 10 individuals in field events. Field events will go for 90 minutes.
Reminder if you would like to compete in pole vault - please email me.
Additional Entries will be allowed based on numbers of entries per event.
Running Events: ALL FINALS This will be F.A.T. MD, DC & VA Sanction.
General Admission: $5.00: Concession will be open. T-shirts will be on sales. Temporary bathrooms will be available,
and the building will be open at Door #5. There will be no access to the Locker room.
Coaches Meeting: 9:00am Field Events begin at 9:30 AM
9:30AM - Boys LJ, Girls TJ, Girls Shot Put, Girls High Jump
11:00 AM - Girls LJ, Boys TJ, Boys Shot Put, Boys High Jump
We will have a parent 1600m run - Max 2 per school per Gender - please email your parent name.
Running Entries on Rolling schedule start at 9:30am Girls then Boys
55M Hurdles Dusty Kuzma (76) & Wanda Morton (80)
1600m Race Walk
4x800m Relay Dave Watt (72)
55m Dash Kim Alcorn (95)
1600m Run John Herborts (66) & Heather Holt (17)
4x200m Relay Brittany Johnson (10)
500m dash Jacqueline Hargrove (07)
1000m John Gross (84)
300m Dash John Lee (84)
3200m Mackenzie Haight (15)
4x400m Relay Elizabeth Johnston
Long Jump Chris Gates (80)
High Jump Dale Wallace (78)
Triple Jump Melanie Burgess (96)
Shot Put Joe Swarm (90)
This meet is in honor of David Cannon. Class of 1974. Varsity for all 12 Track & Field and Cross-Country seasons between
1970-74. 12-Time District, 8-Time Region, 3-Time State Medalist (including State Runner-Up), 2-Time State Team Champion and
All-Met in Cross-Country. Still holds GCM 2-mile record. Ran at James Madison University, now a USATF Masters Champion. CEO
of Activated Content in Bellingham, Washington, and is training for age group World Indoor mile record. David passed away
on October 24th, 2016 of Pancreas Cancer.
Link to Enter Meet (Need Password)
4th David Cannon Memorial Polar Bear Invitational Results
3rd David Cannon Memorial Polar Bear Invitational Results
2nd David Cannon Polar Bear Invitational Results
1st David Cannon Polar Bear Invitational Results